To stay up-to-date with Angels Rescue including finding out about events please sign up for our free eNewsletter
- This event has passed.
BandTogether 5K Virtual Run!
May 1, 2020 - May 15, 2020
It’s time to #BandTogether…. virtually!
COVID-19 has us all cooped up, so as we wait for the chance to come together on the weekends, we wanted to bring you a FUN way to experience the social part of running…. virtually!
Run or walk a 5K, submit times, and we will post results (complete instructions below). But it’s much more than that. Each registration will help support one of four amazing nonprofits (you will be able to choose which one when you register). You will also be able to win cool door prizes from our local businesses! #shoplocal #suportsmallbusiness
While we “#bandtogether”, we thought it would be fun to share our love of music while we do it. When you register, you will be asked what your favorite song is to run to – when we post results, we will share the responses as the ULTIMATE running playlist!
Event details and schedule
WHAT YOU WILL GET FOR PARTICIPATING
– A shirt, finisher medal, and an awesome playlist (See below about shirts/medals)
– A chance to win door prizes from our local businesses
– Points in the Run and See Georgia Grand Prix (www.runandseegeorgia.com)
– The chance to bond – virtually – with your running family!
HOW TO GET YOUR SWAG!
IN PERSON AT BIG PEACH RUNNING CO. – Big Peach Running Co. is temporarily closed out of respect for concerns related to the pandemic. BUT, we are offering virtual fittings (fun!), curbside pick-up (also fun!), local delivery and online shopping with free shipping. Just call your local store or visit our website for details. And THANK YOU for all the support during this unprecedented time.
We will announce the dates/times that you will be able to pick up your swag in person as soon as they become available, but there will be options to pick up at all 7 locations!
HAVE SWAG MAILED – Choose the “mail me my swag” registration option and have your shirt and medal mailed to your doorstep anywhere in the country. Swag items will be mailed out to all those choosing this option as soon after the race as possible.
**A NOTE ABOUT SWAG
As you all know, most non-essential businesses are closed. We are working with our suppliers to get items as fast as possible, and with the gradual re-opening of the economy, we anticipate no issues getting the items. If for any reason there is a lag time in production we will let you know.
We are only ordering shirts based on what was ordered through registration. There will be no extras, and no “size swaps” so we can make sure our charities get the most money possible.
HOW TO SUBMIT TIMES
You will be able to submit your 5K time anytime between 5/1/2020 and 5/15/2020. Please follow all of the steps below in order to be included in the results;
– Run or walk a 5K anywhere – even on a treadmill. If you are running/walking outside, please make sure you are following all social distancing rules and follow ALL local, state, and federal mandates!
– Take a picture of your time/distance. It can be through Strava, Garmin, Mapmyrun, or even a picture of your watch or treadmill display. As long as we can see your distance / time, you are good!
– Email your proof to email@example.com within the time window posted above. Times submitted outside of this window will not count. Please include your full name in the email. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** In the subject line of your email, please put “#BandTogether 5K Results Submission” This will help us know which event you are participating in!
– We will post complete results by 5/18/2020 at www.runforitproductions.com and they will be sent out via email. Points / results for the Run and See Georgia Grand Prix will be posted as soon as possible.